Combining Camaraderie with Creativity
We enjoyed a very interesting process for creating unique and interesting portraits in our January Program.
Deborah Conn shared her expertise with us and had these tidbits of information to help us with our portrait painting using her techniques:
1) Start with a slick, textured surface
2) Try working with a black and white photo or drawing to allow for inventive color choices
3) Create a colorful under painting
4) Follow your drawing to lift and add to reach the desired result of values
5) Notice that since the color is not absorbing into the paper, the colors remain brighter
6) Treat each part of the face as a separate little painting
Here is Deborah’s message to our Guild members:
“Many thanks for a lovely reception by your group – I so enjoyed doing the demo and hope it was helpful.
Here are a couple of links to things I talked about.
This is the palette I have, or close enough. This is a LONG link, but if people “Google Heritage Arts palette removable cups”, it will come up.
And this is the poster software you can buy – it’s about $30, but you can do a free trial first. www.ronyasoft.com“