Combining Camaraderie with Creativity
Exhibit Dates: October 3 – November 30, 2019
Opening Reception: Thursday, October 3 from 5-7pm
Juror: Booth Malone, President of the American Academy of Equine Art (AAEA) www.boothmalone.com / www.aaea.net
Deadline for Entries: August 1, 2019 at 5:00 pm (decisions on August 12).
Gallery Commission: 30%
Submission Fee: $25 per entry
Prizes: 1st Prize – $200, 2nd Prize – $150, 3rd Prize – $100.
Eligibility: The exhibit is open to all artists living and working in Virginia. All work must offer an interpretation on the theme of horses in the Virginia landscape. Two works may be submitted by each artist. All works must be the artist’s original concept and execution, and copies of the works or photos of other artists are not permitted. No work should exceed 48” framed or 50 lbs. All 2D work should arrive appropriately framed and wired– ready for hanging–no exceptions. Work previously exhibited at an ACO exhibition is not eligible for this exhibition.
Submit by email or US mail no later than August 1, 2019 at 5:00 pm:
– Name, address, phone, email address and website if available.
– A brief bio, artist statement and resume.
– Digital photographs of your work in a standard .jpg format and under 3 megabytes. If sending an image from your cell phone, please select size “Large.” Care should be taken to present a digital image of your work that is close to the original coloration and intensity, and not enhanced by computer.
– Titles, dimensions, media and price (including 30% commission to ACO).
– $25 check made payable to The Arts Center In Orange.